1.2 million military retirees could lose dental coverage — are you one of them?

Elizabeth Howe
December 05, 2018 - 10:23 am

Photo courtesy of Dreamstime

1.2 million military retirees are at risk of losing their dental coverage — and you might be one of them. 

1.8 million retirees are currently enrolled in the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program. And all 1.8 million of them need to switch their coverage over to the Federal Employee Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) before open season enrollment ends on Dec. 10.

So far only 600,000 enrollees have done so. 

Despite the multiple-month-long campaign to spread the word about the change, only 5 percent of enrollees have transferred over to FEDVIP. There are only six days left for the remaining 95 percent to save their coverage. 

If you're one of them, go to BENEFEDS.com. Or call BENEFEDS, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., EST at 1-877-888-3337.

Want to get more connected to the great stories and resources Connecting Vets has to offer? Click here and sign up for our weekly newsletter.